So a non related thought to start this. I went to a St. Patrick’s day parade today and one of the main purposes was to see the Alexandria Pipe and Drum Band. Did I accomplish this, of course not. Because the parade was not supposed to start until 12:30, so we decided to get lunch first. I did at least get to see other pipe bands. I love bagpipe music. I was asked if I always get so excited, and I explained how previously I live in Pennsylvania Dutch country, so not many chances to see bag pipes. It was a good parade, and who knew there were so many Irish dance schools in the area.
Okay so you may be wondering about the title. It is because I have now successfully attached the giraffe to the sky and land. I took the consensus advice and put batting beneath to make it raised. By consensus I mean when I asked 4 other people, they all said yes at once. I was leaning towards it already, I just wanted to make sure it was worth the use of batting. You never know when I will want to make another quilted bag.
But with their advice I decided to follow my idea. And then yesterday my sister gave me some batting (along with my books back and Christmas cards she had acquired for me) and so then I didn’t have to worry about depleting my source.
So I double layered the a batting to make it noticeably raised. Which should not be a problem like with my sister’s quilt (to be discussed in more detail at a later time), which is apparently too warm (I thought a quilt was supposed to be warm).
I attach the golden yellow parts first and start on the brown and then realize I still have not given the giraffe (I still have not found the right name) nostrils, which would have been easier to do when the giraffe was not attached to a background and batting. Why would it have been easier, because it is less to maneuver fabric and weight wise.
So I finish attaching and then added the nostril. And now it can breath although not see (I have to find the buttons I bought), so therefore it is alive.